32 year old Pagan female who lives in Florida with her guy and two cats, loves Disney, reads fanatically, tinkers in photography and believes growing up is overrated.

Deals with several chronic health concerns and worked part-time as an Admin Assist until the company closed in November 2009. Looking once again for a part time job. Also runs her own small business, PhoenixFire Designs.



a tale of two kitties


craft projects i've created

journal & contact


archives (all)

archives (organized)

atom xml feed

rss feed

amazon wishlist

my wists




Miss M. Turner
PO Box 1484
Elfers, FL 34680

my livejournal

my youtube channel for vlogs & videos

the good, the bad, the ugly
my reviews and recommendations of stores and services




my main domain

PhoenixFire Designs
Custom Jewelry and More

my custom made penguins!

my Love's amazing artwork

Donations Through Amazon
use your credit card securely though amazon without giving the info to me. no paypal account needed.

win with me on blingo! I can vouch it really works. I've won already!

silver jewelry club
free sterling silver and gemstone jewelry - not a scam. new item every 15 minutes! I've gotten several very nice things form them.

Join Blog Explosion and get more traffic to your blog!



< ? Blogs by Pagans # >  

? Tampa Bay Blogs #

The Witches Voice

Astronomy Picture of the Day

Embracing Mystery:The Light, The Dark, The Grey

Embracing Mystery Forum

The WeatherPixie


Help support
Pet Cancer Awareness
I lost my beloved cat,
Kush, to cancer in 2003. Cancer is the #1 disease-related cause of death for cats and dogs. With your support, together we can find a cure

The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals


"seasons greetings 2009" ver. 25
originally created 12/7/09 and designed for 1024x768 or larger, CSS capable browser Like
Firefox! with millions of colors
Photos from
stock.xchng and used with permission
All content and original photos 2001 - 2009 M. Turner All Rights Reserved


There are people on the net that have nothing better to do with their time then be nasty to other people online. They post rude comments, spend hours a day talking about sites they hate so much, that they well, spend hours a day talking about them. (lame) They mock the owners and posters for their opinions and their right to free speech. They expect everyone to fit into their narrow-minded little world view or else they throw a temper tantrum.

To these people I say
grow up

Here's a bit of info people...the web is a HUGE place. If you don't like what I say here, or who I am, or what I do, or talk about, or what I look like, or the color of my hair, or whatever asinine thing you dwell on, go somewhere else. It's really, really easy. Honest. You just click the little "x" in the corner of your browser and *poof* the offending, big, mean and nasty site has disappeared.

I pay for this site. It's mine. That means I can use it for whatever the hell I want to. Don't like it if I'm bitching about something in my life? Oh fucking well. Go somewhere else. Think I'm stupid for expressing my thoughts? Too fucking bad, don't read them. Somewhere along the line, someone forgot this simple fact: Live and let live Don't like me, cool, fine, whatever, I don't care. This journal is NOT for you. It's for me. I'm not in it for popularity or fame or anything stupid like that. I write it because I need to write and express myself and get things out of my head sometimes. So read or don't, it doesn't matter, but don't waste my time (or yours) bitching about it.

*gets off soapbox*

: : seasons greetings : :

my handcrafted jewelry, wearable horns and more!
all hand made

M. Turner
Po Box 1484
Elfers, FL 34680

Dreamhost is a great webhost with a TON of bandwidth and features. I use them myself.
use MISSM25OFF for $25 off!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Weekend Recap
In which our Heroine goes to Disney and finds a pearl (while her Hero gets ill); yet again fails to get any meaningful sleep and thus misses another day of work; talks to her boss about the future of said job - and other harrowing adventures!

Saturday April 10th Love's brother, Love and I were supposed to go to WDW. It was the first weekend after of our Spring Break blackout period and with life being as it's been, we all needed a day away. Sadly, Love's brother wound up having to work, so it was just the two of us. We got off to a late start as both of us were tired and having some grumbly tummies, but we got on the road around 11am.

Love drove the first 40 minutes or so but was really tired and felt like he was nodding off. So we found an exit with food and pulled off. Love got an Arby's sandwich and I took over driving the rest of the way. This was perhaps not the best idea as we'll see later.

So we finally arrive at Epcot first around 12:30pm. We wander around the countries a bit, I have a pastry in France and we make our way to Japan. They have this thing called, "Pick a Pearl" where you get to pick the oyster and they open it with a whole ceremony and everything. Love always says I should do it but I say, "no" or "next time" because while it looks fun, I never want to spend the money. Well, this time, he made me do it to cheer me up.

I guess these are called "Akoya" pearls and are regarded as the finest cultured pearls in the world. The average is 6.5mm. Mine? A giant 8mm! They were very excited and all said mine was the largest find of the day. It's very lovely. We picked out a sterling silver cherry blossom setting and they set it for me right there in about 20 minutes. It's only $17 (tax included) for the Pick A Pearl in Japan and the settings range from about $20 on up. So it was a small splurge but it was so much fun and I am so in love with my beautiful pearl - and proud of having the largest of the day! - that Love was right; it was worth it.

Now of course, I want to do it again but if I got a little dinky pearl, it'd be a disappointment after getting such an awesome one my first time out!

After that fun, I took some pics of the butterfly garden. Always a favorite of mine during the Flower and Garden Festival.

Lots of monarchs this time, but man it makes me long for a camera with a much longer zoom lens! 3x zoom makes it hard to get in close enough to the butterflies without them flittering away.

After that, we went over to Magic Kingdom. By this time, however, Love wasn't feeling so well. In fact, he lost the probably poor-choice Arby's sandwich while I was taking butterfly photos. We got to MK and I was hungry so I got us late lunch/early dinner (it was about 4:30pm) and then Love had to call it a day. He got sick once more before the drive home. Boo. So the day started off fun but sadly, didn't end quite as well.

Sunday, April 11th - Love was still ill from the day before so we just ran a few errands and called it a day. He didn't even go down to his parents for the weekly Sunday morning breakfast.

Monday, April 12th - I didn't sleep worth a damn and by the time Love was leaving for work (around 6:30am), I knew it was going to be another one of the "unable to face the day" days. Ever since this crazy anxiety/panic attacks thing started, some days I just literally can't function. I feel like I'm drowning and there's nothing I can do about it. We're trying to find someone who I can talk to that will work on a sliding scale or something but so far, no luck. And I certainly don't have $150/hr. So I had to call into work again and pretty much spent the day sleeping.

Tuesday, April 13th - First off, today is 1 month since Rand passed. Which made it even more fun then normal. I laid there this morning, looking at the clock around 7:30am, thinking about a month ago we were getting the call at that exact same time. It's weird because in some ways, it feels like so long ago, and in others, it feels like it just happened.

So anyway, got up and went into work today as best I could. And I'm about an hour and a half into my day (so it's around 10:30am) when my boss Erik comes over and asks me to come talk with him. Of course, I'm positive this is it; I'm getting canned. I've missed a lot of days the past month because of not sleeping, migraines, panic attacks, etc. and I know it's just really bad.

Turns out, he was just worried about me. I broke down crying - because I'm stupid like that and I can't help but cry when I talk about these things - and told him about the anxiety/panic attacks, the lack of sleeping, etc. Instead of being angry, he was really understanding. He told me I can take as much time as I needed and if I ever needed to go home early, that was fine too. He really hopes I can get to talk to someone and was really nice about it all. Said these things take a long time to get over and I'm doing a great job and don't worry because I'm not going to lose my job. (I confessed, as a blubbering idiot I was so worried about losing my job because I was being such a flake but I'm not normally like this and I'm so sorry about being such a flake and I've never dealt with panic and anxiety before and it's making me a mess and did I mention I was sorry...?)

So that's one huge relief.

My co-worker and trainer, Janet talked to me after my talk with Erik and she reassured me too that I was awesome, my emotions being all over the place are totally normal, that I wasn't going anywhere and they are still all glad to have me.


I've really been stressing that on top of everything else since I really didn't want to lose the job but being so stressed out and panicking and not sleeping and such means some days I just literally can't function like a normal human being. At least I know I can take a day (or more, Erik even said I can take as much time as I need and to focus on myself and getting better first and foremost) when I need it.

So...yeah. That's the last few days. Oh, for those keeping track I still do NOT have my new glasses yet. Yes, I ordered them February 19th and have received four incorrect/flawed/unwearable pairs thus far, made six trips over there and my next replacement pair "is on rush order" since March 15th. Yeah, color me pissed. Did I mention the crack in my right lens is now about an inch long? I am SO going to be asking for my money back on the pair when they finally get around to making them correct. This is beyond absurd.

Alright, time to make dinner. Started this like an hour and a half ago so probably should do something else productive now. Just haven't really had time to write up entries and this probably should have been divided up into a few, but...there you have it.

Tomorrow I'm off so that's good and we'll see how the rest of the week plays out.

Ta for now.